- Existing Customers
- Terms and Costs
- Apply Now
- Avanti Blog
Summer is on its way and we’re all looking forward to the warmth of the sun, enjoying the outdoors, and a BBQ or two with loved ones.
For families, summer means school holidays. For some this can be a stressful time juggling work and children, or simply juggling the needs and wants of our kids. Just like planning what to have for dinner every night, thinking up things to do with children can be a challenge.
We thought it would be great to provide a few helpful tips on things you can do with your children that won’t break the bank.
Here is a list of FREE activities in Auckland you could do during this time:
The Sunny Outdoors
… and the list goes on. Search your way to free fun and entertainment!
A Relaxing Day Indoors
• Visit your local library. Auckland libraries regularly host kid-friendly events and they’re free! – aucklandlibraries.govt.nz
• There are lots of fun things to do and explore at the Auckland Museum. Visit the Weird and Wonderful Discovery Centre and eat your packed lunch in the Kai Room – aucklandmuseum.com/kids and family
• Visit the Auckland Art Gallery where kids can make and take home their own art. Take your packed lunch and enjoy a free day out – aucklandartgallery.com/family activities
• Movies in the Park means there are free night movies on all over the city, so pack your rug and popcorn and enjoy! – moviesinparks.co.nz
• Grab your dancing shoes and picnic rug and enjoy Music in Parks. There are 24 events around Auckland from Jan to Apr – musicinparks.co.nz
• Have some free fun at Bubble Trouble at Silo Park Sat 5th Jan 12-6pm – ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/bubble trouble at silo park
If you're not based in Auckland and are looking for holiday entertainment ideas, check out the links below: